French (Fr)Italian - ItalyEnglish (United Kingdom)

A small description of the countries near the Monticelli d'Ongina:

*Caorso*

Caorso has the actual origins in the prehistory, testified by numerous archaeological signs from the neolithic period. At the medieval age and precisely at the XIII century there where the first depositions written referable to the small town, in which is talked about the well-known fortress built in 1205 that still dominates and embellishes the historic city center of the country today. Another important medieval building, today restored in New-Gothic style, is the College preserved the fifteenth-century mural painting of depositions in its most important room. Remove yourself from the inhabited center meets and go in the oasis of nature from Pinedo, where numerous privileged water birds build nests.

 

*Castelvetro Piacentino*

 The village of Castelvetro Piacentino was constructed by the Romans and named then 'Castrum Vetus', name that testifies an ancient fortification of which today unfortunately does not remain track. Holy cross Spirit, Average Chitantolo, San Pietro in Court and San Giuliano are the four large and ancient districts that compose the current small town. The parish church of San Giovanni Baptist appears today in eighteenth-century shape, but likely was raised with a previous medieval construction in the X century and mentioned in some documents. Inside of it, is possible to admire a painting representing the proposition realized from the well-known painter of cremona Vincenzo Campi. Another noteworthy building is the town Hall, rebuilt in New-Gothic style from Arnaldo Meazza.

*Cortemaggiore*

 Cortemaggiore is a small and splendid renaissance village of the Low Piacentina. It was founded in 1479 by Gian Ludovico Pallavicino and is still preserved today unbroken the renaissance structure city planning in its historic city center. In the XV century it was the fiorente capital of the ancient Pallavicino state, one of the largest and rich rulers of that time. Provided with an artistic not indifferent propriety, you can visit the Cathedral of S. Maria della Grazie, that accommodates an important fresco representing a Christ Risen dated to 1523, the Church dell'Annunziata (named “dei Frati”) and the Cloister. In the church you are present frescoes representing the Resurrection, the Ascent and the Transfiguration, also the Chapel of the Conception and a Deposition on cloth, in the last procession banner, performed by Giovanni Antonio De Sacchis that were told to be lost. Finally you can admire an attractive copy of a painting made by Annibale Carracci, representing St. Anna between the Medici. Simultaneously to the church the adjacent cloister, is composed from a structure with two plans raised organized around an imposing renaissance cloister, the most spacious one in provincial field. The extraordinary suggestion refers completely to the fresco and embellishes the original sixteenth-century seats and paving.

 

*San Pietro in Cerro*

San Pietro in Cerro is a small country near the banks of the Arda. The special place name "in Cerro" seems to report itself to a high oak pressed that was used in 969 to rise the ancient medieval church; the present church was built in 1552. In country it is present also a Castle that was founded in 1460 by the jurisdiction consul and ambassador appointed to the papal court Bartolomeo Barattieri, whose descendants maintain the property until 1993. The structure contains thirty rich furnished rooms, two lounges of honor, the kitchens and the prisons.

 

*Villanova sull'Arda*

 Villanova on the Arda is a well-known country for the production of cherries and for the feature "Party of the Cherries", organized for the rent benefit during the second week of June. The fraction St. Agate is characterized by the Verdi mansion, property that Giuseppe Verdi gained in 1848 and inhabited it until 1851. In the commune it is present also a naturalistic area, the River Park of Island Giarola. Artificial field located in the stroke shores of the River Little in Commune of Villanova on the Arda, reached the present conformation in the April of 1995 when there were finished the mining activities and the works of restoration. Today thanks to the environmental interventions of restoration, to the natural recolonization of flora and fauna, to scientific searches that aimed at the preservation and to the management of the lake environment, the field recovered totally.


S.Pietro in Cerro
Castello

S.Pietro in Cerro
Castello

Cortemaggiore
Teatro

Cortemaggiore
S.Giovanni

S.Pietro in Cerro
Paesaggio

Caorso
il fiume

Cortemaggiore
Chiesa dell'Assunzione

S.Agata di Villanova
Villa Verdi

Cortemaggiore
S.Giovanni "retro"

S.Pietro in Cerro
il Castello

Caorso
la Rocca

Tramonto sul Po


Il Grande Fiume
paesaggio

Il Grande Fiume
paesaggio

Caorso
Tramonto

Villanova sull'Arda
paesaggio